root's Programming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
root's Programming Forum

A forum dedicated to Programming and Gaming

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should apple have switched?

Go down 
4 posters

Yes
Should apple have switched? Vote_lcap40%Should apple have switched? Vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
NO
Should apple have switched? Vote_lcap60%Should apple have switched? Vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
trek2112

trek2112

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Should apple have switched? Empty
PostSubject: Should apple have switched?   Should apple have switched? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 12:24 am

Do you think that apple did the right think by dumping the PPC CPUs for x86 CPUS? Also do you think a mac is a PC and why? They use all of the same parts except the macs are in white cases with apple logos on them.

This link shows IBM's successor to the G5
http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,2134418,00.asp

Please keep it civil and polite.

Flames will be removed.

Root: I will also be watching this thread.

Last edited by on Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
root
Admin
root

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2007-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Should apple have switched?   Should apple have switched? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 3:40 pm

will the person that said "no" please post why thet think so.
Back to top Go down
https://root.forumotion.net
†KA† Caboose

†KA† Caboose

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Should apple have switched?   Should apple have switched? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 7:09 pm

Taht would be me.
G6 > Core 2
Back to top Go down
trek2112

trek2112

PostSubject: Re: Should apple have switched?   Should apple have switched? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 10:45 pm

The G6 would have been the successor the the G5 proc. I feel that apple has lost their identity. What the make now are white PCs with apple logos on them. And plus that G6 is badass. And that is coming from a PC user. We won't see 4.7GHz for a few more years. Maybe end of 08 or end of 09 at the latest.

Please no flames over what I said. This was not ment to be offensive.

P.S. I did the second NO vote.
Back to top Go down
†KA† Caboose

†KA† Caboose

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Should apple have switched?   Should apple have switched? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 10:18 am

Intel sucks......apple doesn't have a mid-range tower now.
I think that apple should make the Mac Pro a G6 and a next down mac pro with a QX9960 or QX6600
Back to top Go down
root
Admin
root

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2007-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Should apple have switched?   Should apple have switched? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 11:21 am

only problem is that apple will not switch back to PPC now.
Back to top Go down
https://root.forumotion.net
trek2112

trek2112

PostSubject: Re: Should apple have switched?   Should apple have switched? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 10:18 pm

Apple has lost their identity since they make PCs now. They really need to stop selling macs and sell their OS so that all x86 computers can run it. Also it can be run on a normal PC. But it is illegal and not easy.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=28439&st=0

I will be attempting this later.
Back to top Go down
blufire

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Should apple have switched?   Should apple have switched? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 7:49 pm

1) You all should be glad they switched to Intel processors. They're cheaper, more efficient, and more powerful. Apple had a LOT at stake going into this, and you can be damn sure they exhausted and examined every other option out there.

2) There is no such thing as a G6. The Power6 belongs in server setups that cost a lot of money:
In terms of pricing, Mauri said that the base price for a two-socket system will be about $60,000"

Apple would go out of business putting "G6s" in their computers... people were angry enough already about the pricing.

3) The Apple identity is the OS, not the hardware. We use it because it's easy to use, not because it has certain hardware under the hood. It wouldn't make sense, as at the end of PPC's lifetime, its processors were falling behind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should apple have switched?   Should apple have switched? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
root's Programming Forum-
Jump to: